Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Lady of Fashion....

I'm baaaack.... Yes I have been hibernating for the past few months, but I was so inspired by the impeccable style of Mrs. Obama, that the Biggest Loser will have to wait tonight. I feel compelled to give this woman the props she deserves. I know I am not the only one to compare Michelle Obama, but I would like to think I was among the first. Let's break it down, shall we???
The Swearing In Ceremony dress was so chic and representative of Mrs. Obama's personal style. The cut was a classic one but the fabrication and color made it so modern. Lace is such a huge trend for fall/winter and the citrus hue is so dead on for Spring. The J. Crew gloves mixed in with the Isabel Toledo dress is the perfect look of couture meets everyday. A look we can all relate to ( Forever 21 dress and YSL Muse bag anyone?!)

Okay, now for the dreamy Jason Wu Inaugural Ball gown... here again she nails a big trend, yet makes it her own. We all know the one shoulder look is hot and winter white is well... white hot ( I couldn't resist). This reminds me of another fashion icon at an Inaugural Ball....












Okay, now for the whole story, check me out on thehuffingtonpost.com.... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/its-official-michelle-o-i_b_159511.html

photos: Google

No comments: