Thursday, February 2, 2012

T minus 3 days



Okay ladies, any of you who braved the Missoni for Target madness (I myself drove 30 miles to a Target I thought was off fashionistas' radar at 6 am-- wrong! But I managed to team up with a perfectly nice stranger with whom I split up the store and between us, we managed to get at least one of everything!) get ready to do it all over again. This Sunday, Jason Wu's collection for Target hits the floor and I could not be more excited!
The Taiwanese designer launched his first ready-to-wear collection in 2006 and just two short years later, won the prestigious Fashion Group International's Rising Star Award. While the fashion industry has long adored this uber-talent, it wasn't until Michelle Obama wore his one-shoulder white gown to the Inaguarual Ball that mainstream America took notice.
Now, while the rest of can't get a custom made gown that will end up in the Smithsonian, we can get a full ready-to-wear collection at the nearest Target. So my suggestion, fashionistas? Rest up, arrive early and be willing to make new friends!

No comments: